Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Gift - Merry Christmas...and Thank You

"Every good gift and perfect gift is from above,
coming down from the Father of lights with whom 
there is no variation or shadow due to change."
1T1mothy 1:17
I was in high school when I fully realized the faith and trust it took to run a household solely on "gifts" like the ones mentioned above. It was then that I also realized that there was no better way to live. I remember a few instances of praying around the table for provision and, in faith, thanking our Jeh0va Jireh, for the gifts we knew He would bring. I remember a specific time when that prayer was offered with a sense of urgency. Within the week, a $10,000 check showed up in the mail. A sticky note was attached to the generous donation, giving thanks for the faithfulness of Mel LaMar Ministries. But the note wasn't addressed to Dad alone. The note included my name, too. My heart was flooded with thankfulness, as well as an overwhelming sense of unworthiness. I remember weeping as I read my name, knowing I didn't deserve any recognition or blessing for my small part, yet feeling G0d's grace as He showered me with both. Wow. 
  My heart is filled with the same blessing now, five years later, as my husband and I prepare to follow our Savior's call. We have received many generous gifts and commitments to pr*y as we endeavor to raise $7,500 for our 6-month trip to S. Asia. With each new gift, our hearts are encouraged by the faithfulness of G0d's people and His provision for our lives. Thank you. So, so very much. Merry Christmas, and may you be blessed.

**If you'd like to know how you can be involved, whether in pr*yer or with a gift, please let me know**

No comments:

Post a Comment